Wednesday 4 June 2008

I must do better

I have recently discovered a pain worse than broken limbs, and guess what I brought it all on myself. Thoughtless cretin that I am.

It's a delicious and sweet thrill to be romantically involved. It's also the worst pain possible when you mess up by your own hand.

Given the length of space I've wandered on this revolving rock you would have thought I had mastered the art of telling the truth. I have. Unfortunately with the male ego that surrounds my earthly presence I find it hard to admit my falability and the eventuality of fact only comes out in dribs and drabs. Painful indeed for the delicious lady asking the questions. I must seem like a real prat at times.

From my lofty peak the view is panoramic. But my overview is not from a position of mountainous ascent. No sir, it would be more reasonable to state what I survey is more likely to be from the cross I carry.

It would do me better to climb down and use the wood to start a fire. The blaze may even heat up the cavernous holes I seem to dig for myself and scare me into some appropriate action.

As a nutcase I'm the kernel extraordinaire. Pity really I never mean any harm in anything I do, but mastering life seems beyond my comprehension when matters of the heart take hold.

With this knowlegde and my recent experience I must try harder to gain the wisdom necessary to stop making a complete bollocks of myself.

As my old teacher used to say, 10,000 lines x 'I must do better'. Only stop writing when the pain gets unbearable. Now I know that the pain is truly unbearable.

One day I'll get it right. It's a promise I will keep if only to prove to myself that the rainbow and pots of gold are not just a dream.

No comments:

/* added the following script for the hit counter */