Thursday 15 May 2008

Sofaless

The winds of change are driving through October. It may well soon be November. Followed by December and all the frivolity that month brings.

A new sofa was ordered.

It arrived. It did not get off the truck. The worthy accompanists to this tale did not deem it a responsible action to try and move my goods from said truck to the sofa's new repose. I suspect they were a tad overtired from have done a day's work earlier. I of course have no evidence to this as I did not actually witness any activity greater than huffing, puffing and head scratching.

To say the least I was not a happy bunny. Would you be when a sofa is the prime consideration to your life.

I quickly e-mailed my disquiet to the supplier who then decided to somehow believe I was at fault. Now I know I live on a different planet. I always believed when you buy something, pay for it's delivery that this is what you will get, goods delivered.

The conversation somehow got into third party politics on the supplier's choice of courier. This is not my problem.

So there it stands the sofa bound middled aged man is now sofaless.

Roll on when this month is over.

May take up jaywalking as a sport. Seems more practical than my living experiences.

1 comment:

JW said...

You have my sympathy over this one: a man without a sofa is somehow incomplete.

May your sofaless status be corrected soonest!

/* added the following script for the hit counter */