Wednesday 30 April 2008

One Simple tool

Given the circumstances of my life I have acquired the use of a tool for living. It is a teaspoon.

With my teaspoon I am armed for any challenge.

Mostly in life’s problems I survey the land. Map out the territory, pick a path and while it may be a bit tiresome at times I pull the weeds along the trail. It should make the path easier for those who follow. My efforts are worthwhile.

When I come to a mountain I am not frightened by the challenge. I don’t try and climb it. I try and remove it with my teaspoon. Slow process this work.

Unfortunately I also am very skilled and a lot quicker at tunneling. Problem with being a miner is you tend to work in the dark a lot and just keep digging. Getting past the mountain in this way offers no guarantee where you’ll come up. It could be back on the path, in the swamp, or even the deepest darkest thickets that normally you can view in the cold light of day.

Not by chance did the cartographers of old depict dragons on the boundaries of their known world. Slaying dragons with a teaspoon was beyond even George. He of the saintly variety.

Difficult job this multi tasking. Being a trailblazer, miner, cartographer and dragon slayer all in one day is beyond me, but I’m getting there.

No comments:

/* added the following script for the hit counter */