Monday 7 April 2008

Right idea, wrong person - me!

Up until a few months ago I was in pursuit of the little house on the prairie. Problem was a lot of developers had the same idea. There were half finished skyscrapers everywhere. The view was spoiled forever. On reflection my construction could only be described as an erection of a temporary nature. Even if the shelter was 'adobe' and the weather conditions were 'off the Beaufort Scale' in my mind's eye I was always looking for permanence. Hermit crabs and long term residence do not do compatability. However I did make a noble attempt.

I did get involved with a lovely young lady, and I do mean that with all the sincerity I can muster. It didn't work out. She was a bit younger than me. Quite a bit younger than me. I was massaging my ego with dexterous aplomb. We set up home together and leased a house for a year. Within a week the cracks were widening. Within a month all on my own I had move the Grand Canyon to suburbia. Discretion and valour rode in as my champions and Elvis left the building.

As a solution I swapped a two bedroomed 'rented' house for my sofa. I was buying the same tee shirt once again. Find a lady to have fun with, get joined at the hip, make sure your not compatable and give her a house. Simple really. Familiarity is cleft deeply in the furrows of contempt.

At least there were no bitter words. And why should there be. As I said she was, and still is, a lovely young lady. It's me that is the nutcase.

I have found through my journey I am slowly getting better at clearing up a mess. When my mythical creation is revealed to me without volition I cry until I laugh. One day I may get to the point where I can simply laugh without the pain of the tears. But then I will have acquired some wisdom. Knowledge gained through experience. Given my track record it seems a bit doubtful.

To prove it I did it all again. The pain of that particular episode saw the birth of Mr. October.

No comments:

/* added the following script for the hit counter */